Saturday 14 July 2012

E.D.L Rally and a conspiracy among short people.

Well the English Defence League came to town, did you notice? Alas I only managed one drawing due to the rain and fast pace of the event.  I went to meet them at temple meads but only a few came out the front entrance so we all went to meet them at Redcliffe wharf where they had gathered at the Colosseum bar for a pint or two or more.

Tim Nurse EDL Drawing Bristol

I have to admit I thought the police did a fantastic job, all groups were contained and kept separate and no one did anything questionable. They turned the whole area around Kings street and Queens sq into a no go zone that had all of the anti-fascist groups wondering where to go.

When the E.D.L were having their rally in Queens sq I had a few people from the opposition; who couldnt see past the police barrier, tell me that there was actually no one in there, it was all a ruse. But I am tall and could see them past the barriers, not to mention you could hear them on the loud speaker.

The EDL were marched out of the center and the police got in their vans and left and everyone went home. now that's a tidy protest!

No comments:

Post a Comment